I received my Organizer through SafeSend. What is SafeSend and what do I use it for?
In the spirit of continuous improvement, we have implemented a new software provider this year to assist with Organizer and Tax Return delivery to our clients. We will be using SafeSend Organizers and SafeSend Returns that will allow secure, electronic delivery of these documents. Implementing SafeSend will allow us to complete the tax return preparation and delivery process in a completely paperless and secure manner from start to finish.
The benefits of this new electronic process include:
- Increased security around the sharing of your confidential tax documents.
- An improved turnaround time in preparation and delivery of your tax return — we will no longer have the delay of information being routed through the mail and we will have immediate access to documents once submitted.
- Simultaneous access to the same tax documents — you will retain a copy of all information you provide to us through the software, which means you will not have to wait for us to process and return any documents to you that you may need as we complete your tax return.
- Electronically sign your e-file authorization forms, or print, manually sign and return as usual.
- Quick summary of taxes owed or refunds due.
- Quarterly email reminders for estimated tax payments.
- For business clients, electronically distribute K-1s to your Partners/Shareholders.
- You will receive an email from Mullen, Sondberg, Wimbish & Stone, P.A. at email@example.com once your Organizer or Tax Return is ready. Add this email to your safe list to prevent it from being categorized as spam or junk.
- For the best experience, we recommend using Google, Chrome/Microsoft, Edge/Mozilla, or Firefox.
- Please be sure to save a copy of the email from firstname.lastname@example.org to access your organizer or return in the future.
- The email will contain a link that is safe to click. You will be directed to provide the last 4 digits of your SSN and enter an access code that will be sent to you in a separate email or text after verification.
The electronic Organizers will begin rolling out soon. If you have any questions or concerns about which email address we have on file for your account or would prefer to receive a “paper” Organizer in the mail, please reach out to Ling Yu email@example.com (or your preferred MSWS team member), and we will make sure we have the correct information on file. If you do not receive your Organizer by January 31, 2023 and would like one, please check your Spam or Junk Folder or reach out to Ling Yu firstname.lastname@example.org (or your preferred MSWS team member).
While we acknowledge that a transition of this sort may seem daunting and will likely not occur without some hiccups along the way, we do believe that this change is necessary to continue providing the quality service our clients have come to expect from us. Please let us know if you have any feedback along the way.
What do I need to bring to my appointment with MSWS?
If you are a new client, please bring a copy of your 2020’s tax return and any tax information you have received for 2021. Whether you are a new, or existing client, if you qualified and received 2021 Stimulus Payment(s) or Advance Child Tax Credit Payment(s), we will need 1) IRS Letter 6475 – Confirms total amount received of your third Economic Impact Payment(s), 2) IRS Letter 6419 – Confirms total amount received of your Advance Child Tax Credit payment(s). We must receive all information March 21, 2022 to ensure that your returns will be completed by the April 18, 2022 filing deadline.
How do I access my MSWS Secure Portal?
If you are already set up with the portal:
- Go to our website https://www.mswspa.com/, and clicking on the Portal tab at the top of the page.
- To log in, use your full email address. As your username.
- If you do not remember your password, click on the “forgot password” link and it will walk you through the resetting process.
If you do not already have a portal, please reach out to the to get you set up. You will receive a portal welcome email and instructions on how to set it up.
How can I make my tax payments electronically?
IRS, state and local agencies provide various methods to make tax payments online. Click the links below to be redirected to IRS and MD online payment services.
Where's my refund?
You can check your most updated refund status with IRS and state agencies online. Click the links below to be redirected to IRS and MD refund status page.
How do Advanced Child Tax Credit Payments work with Shared-Custody Agreements?
Advanced Child Tax Credit does add some level of complication to tax returns. IRS updated FAQs for 2021 Child Tax Credit and Advance Child Tax Credit Payments on January 11, 2022. Click the links below to see FAQs related to 2021 Child Tax Credit related to shared-custody, and other FAQs on Child Tax Payments:
Topic L: Commonly Asked Shared-Custody Questions
IRS FAQs for 2021 Child Tax Credit and Advance Child Tax Credit Payments
Why do I have to report stimulus payments received on my tax return when they are not taxable?
IRS requires reconciliation on payments you received in 2021. if you qualified and received 2021 Stimulus Payment(s) or Advance Child Tax Credit Payment(s), you will receive IRS Letter 6475 – Confirms total amount received of your third Economic Impact Payment(s), and/or IRS Letter 6419 – Confirms total amount received of your Advance Child Tax Credit payment(s). Please give us a copy of those letters for MSWS to prepare your returns.
How much was my Economic Impact Payment received in 2021?
IRS released FAQs on January 13, 2022, related to 2021 Recovery Rebate Credit. Click the link below to read the FAQs and Topic G on Finding the Third Economic Impact Payment Amount to Calculate the 2021 Recovery Rebate Credit:
IRS 2021 Recovery Rebate Credits FAQs
How do I set up an online account with the IRS?
Setting up an online account with the IRS allows you to view your balance, make payments, access tax records, etc.. Click the link below to set up your online account:
How do I pay my fee to MSWS?
There are multiple ways to make your payment to us. You could:
- Pay online here with an ECheck or credit card
- Call our office at 410-224-4920 to make a payment with your credit card
- Send/drop off a check at our office